To provide mid-term and long-term volunteering and learning opportunities at a renowned NGO, growing at a rapid rate, with a clean, tranquil and serene campus with world-class facilities in the heartland of rural India.
- To bring youths from across the world together to provide a sense of global community, camaraderie, responsibility and spirit of volunteerism
- To help youths understand the rural/tribal community and their lifestyle
- To create appreciation of how cutting edge technologies and renewable energy can be harnessed to meet needs of the rural society
- To expose the youth to an integrated approach (education including vocational training, healthcare, childcare, care for the disabled and the elderly, women empowerment, sustainable agriculture and organic farming, and innovation in renewable energy and recycling of waste) taken towards the development of the rural society
- To learn India’s culture in an Ashram setting that our fore-fathers envisioned
- To explore different professional career paths
Ashram offers multi-faceted experience in health, education, social aspects, alternative energy and more. Keeping in mind that the needs, desires and goals of every intern is unique, we strive to customize the internship program for each intern. Each intern is encouraged to carefully review Munisevaashram.org website and the following description. Interns will then interact with several senior people at Ashram to carve out a unique and custom volunteering program.
Medical students desiring to pursue medicine should opt for “Medical Observership” program which is offered by the Kailash Cancer Hospital and Research Center (KCHRC). Non-medical students can opt for internship in related fields such as:
- Clinical Research
- Pathology Lab work
- Genetics Lab
- Patient/relative Counselling (Hindi/Gujarati language ability necessary)
- Financial Analysis & Optimization
At any time there are ~2000 students learning at Ashram managed schools, ranging from Kindercare creche centers to School of Nursing. Depending on interest and time, Interns may volunteer in the following areas:
- Vocational Training Center – Train the students and “Train the Trainers”
- Teach general subjects like English, Computers, Personality Development, Motivation etc.
- Teach vocational subjects like Nursing Assistants, Renewable Energy (Solar, Bio-gas), Equipment Repairs etc.
- School of Nursing – English, computers. “Train the Trainers”
- Primary School – English. Extra-curricular (sports, debate, JNV etc.) Provide inputs for increasing the effectiveness of the education provided to the children
- EMRS (English Medium School) – Various subjects for 6th through 12th grade students in science stream. Examples: Science, Technology, Mathematics.
- Organize building of vermi-compost toilets in near-by villages
- Help implement the Swachh Bharat Mission initiated by the Government of India by encouraging and supporting villagers to build and use toilets, especially vermi-compost toilets, with financial and construction support from the Ashram
- Spend quality time with the children of the orphanage, elderly of the old-age homes and the specially-abled of the home for mentally challenged women to understand their needs and the services provided by the Ashram to support them
- Provide inputs in terms of activities or programs that can be implemented to help the residents grow and develop physically, mentally or emotionally and spiritually
- Understand theoretically and practically the importance and benefits of sustainable agriculture and organic farming
- Take practical lessons in sustainable agriculture practices from experts
- Specific areas such as Vermi composting, Apiculture
Renewable energy and recycling
- Fabrication and usage of solar energy for cooking food, generating electricity and even to create air conditioning for the hospital
- Fabrication and usage of bio-gas digesters and ancillary equipment. to generate and used to power farm vehicles and visit the compression facility where it is compressed into cylinders ready to be used for cooking and as fuel in farm vehicles
Volunteers can select two to three areas/activities where they would like to work for their Internship program.
Recommended Age Group for Internship
20 years or more
Dates & duration of Internship
Minimum period of internship is 6 weeks. Dates are customized as per specific needs of the intern.
Please write to email@example.com for details on program fees.
Kindly enter your contact info by clicking here to express your interest.
After making the PAYPAL payment, kindly complete the Consent Form by clicking here. We will send you copy of completed form as a PDF.